Youth Club Support
We provide support to volunteers setting up a club from scratch, we assist in the red tape mountain faced by health & safety and governance, provide equipment, development programmes for young people, training and accreditation to young leaders and volunteers.
Generic Support includes:
1. Insurance - advice and support in gaining cover and support in developing risk assessments for activities.
2. Fundraising events & fundraising service - YAW organise and promote a number of activities that groups can use to generate funding including sponsored walks, swims, mini triathlons and other events. Through our fundraising service we also offer support with writing and submitting funding bids.
3. Quarterly Newsletter - Our quarterly newsletter is mailed out and e-mailed to all affiliated groups and contains information on a variety of topics including: Recent news, fundraising, sharing of good practice, upcoming events and training.
4. Yearly Calendar Of County and National Events - Groups can access a range of events and competitions, such as arts, adventure sports and training sessions.
5. As members of YAW, clubs are affiliated to UK Youth (www.ukyouth.org) and Ambition (www.ambitionuk.org).
Targeted support includes:
1) Set-up Support - new groups support plan which helps in all aspects of setting up a new group, including putting in place policies & procedures, what insurance cover will be needed for the planned activities, how to plan a programme, the formation of a youth committee, fundraising and involving young people.
2) Activity Programme Support - help and guidance in building a positive and diverse activity programme for young people attending youth projects. Project ideas and practical support to make these projects happen.
3) Activity equipment - YAW offer a range of equipment that can be hired by groups. This includes arts and craft equipment, team building kits, Wii equipment, sports equipment, mixed team games, problem solving kits and conservation tools.
4) An Accredited Young Leaders and Youth Leaders Training Programme -
- Introduction to Youth Work
- First Aid
- Risk assessment and health & safety
- Activity Programme Planning
- Positive Behaviour Management
- Sports Leadership
- Arts Project Planning