Our Bright Future
We are now six months into the delivery of our exciting new Big Lottery funded partnership project with Wiltshire Wildlife Trust. The objectives of this five year initiative are to:
- Engage young people with their environment; inspiring and enabling positive action.
- Enable young people to gain new skills relevant to finding jobs, training, volunteering opportunities, or starting entrepreneurial projects that can contribute to the green economy.
- Achieve a net gain in the built and natural environment across rural and urban settings.
110 young people have so far engaged in environmental and conservation based activities including; 44 young carer’s, 27 young people who were Not in Education, Employment or Training (NEET) and 39 young people who were ‘facing challenges in their lives’.
We have provided:
- 16 'Touch Base With Nature' Days’, delivered
- 4 'Stay In Touch With Nature!' programmes have been designed with and carried out by young people who have been inspired and wanted to continue their engagement through environmental social action.
- 2 'Leaders In Nature!' residential projects
46 young people have so far gained accreditation through the project recognising their individual skill development with a total of 75 accredited awards achieved including First Aid, Environmental and Conservation, Leadership and Health and Safety Awards.